The Cloverleaf Standardbred Owners Association (established in 1960) is accepting applications for the position of Executive Vice President of the association.
CSOA is a 501(c)(6) non-profit association. Information concerning the association can be found at www.Cloverleafsoa.org. The successful candidate should have knowledge concerning the Standardbred racing industry. Among the important responsibilities of the position are:
- Establish, understand and promote programs that will benefit the CSOA membership (Drivers, Trainers, Grooms and Owners).
- Work with the association’s Board of Directors and Officers.
- Attend CSOA Board meetings which are held monthly. Record and report Minutes of its Board meeting.
- Available to the membership in person, by telephone and via electronic communication.
- Attend and participate, as needed, at the monthly meetings of the Maryland Racing Commission.
- General knowledge of the Purse Dedication Account – VLT.
- Maintain a presence in the CSOA office which is currently located at Rosecroft Raceway in Oxon Hill, Maryland.
- Be present at the race tracks on race nights. An exception can be made for being present at Ocean Downs.
- Work with the association lobbyists and legal counsel to formulate legislation that will benefit the association and its members. An understanding of the Maryland legislative process and procedures is helpful.
- Oversee the association’s budget, accounting and payroll.
- Work with track management at Rosecroft Raceway and Ocean Downs Raceway.
Interested candidates should contact CSOA President Thomas Cooke by sending a letter of interest along with their resume to:
Thomas Cooke, CSOA President, 4825 Great Oak Road, Rockville, Maryland 20853